Thursday, May 2, 2013

DF: Apologies and The Fellowship fo the Ring

           So. It's May now. Yay. Currently, I can't think beyond finals.  But my last final is Tuesday! Then I can stop holding my breath.

           And perhaps I owe you an apology. I'm not sure if you liked Character Month much after my characters kind of took over. I did let them, yes. But I was hoping they would be more. . . professional? (as if I'm professional, pleease) Amiable? Um, I don't know. Oddball was rather rude at times. I apologize for that. He gets in these moods. Rocky is, well, unfocused and unorganized. He was probably hard to follow. And Peril. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her. I'm sorry. I'll try to keep them off the keyboard.

           I'm still reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I know. I've been at it awhile now. But I night have put off studying for finals on occasion to finish it. Although I'm not even on Part 2 yet. But I need, need to finish by Monday. Because that's when the library will demand it back. I'm in the Chapter entitled "Strider." So far he's my favorite character. Seeing the movie first puts quite a damper on all the suspense though. I love suspense. So I've been waiting all this time for Strider to come in and for Gandalf to return (but if I hadn't seen the movie, I'd be in more agony over Gandalf; his absence is rather unsettling). I did meet Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. His songs and character is fun. I like that about Tolkien: he includes songs and poems in his books. People don't do that as often any more. I think it's nice. It adds to the flavor of the book and develops the fantasy world.

          What is your favorite character in The Fellowship of the Ring?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness, I guess I'll pick Gandalf. In the book. ;) In the movie it's a whole different kettle of fish. But I DID finish the LOTR book 1, which I consider an accomplishment, because I found it incredibly tough reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to read! It's a long book. With long chapters. Long paragraphs. Long sentences- This thing never ends!
      So, yes, it is quite an accomplishment.

      Delete
  2. I've read the whole series and in my opinion the books get better as you read farther. My favorite is The Return of the King. :)For a character in The Fellowship I'd have to say Gandalf in the book, like Cait, but Aragorn/Strider in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love series when the books just get better and better? I shall keep this in mind and tell myself to persevere. :) Gandalf is pretty neat. He knows a lot, doesn't tell us a lot, and he always shows up just when you need him the most.

      Delete

[insert witty saying about comments] And you may insert your comment below. :)