Thursday, March 28, 2013

DF: Life Winds


          I am officially back! And yet, our internet is slower than a slug.

          I will be preparing the Oddball blurb. Excitingness! Yeah, that's. . . not a word.

          Sometimes it's hard to keep my head above water. Life is like a whirlwind. Maybe I've said that before, but it's so true. The world sucks you in and you swirl around with all the things in your life. You're not really managing these things: work, school, writing, anything else you might do. You just pass by them, touch base with them before you tumble to the next thing.

          I was late for speech class the other day. That was the first time I had ever been late for class. I had forgotten to bake a cake for clogging class, which I was supposed to teach for my instructor since she was away. I had to teach my own clogging class too. Among other things throughout the week. It all just compresses together and builds in pressure.

          And just when the whirlwind threatens to drag me under, something happens. I don't know what exactly. Something in me quietly reaches breaking point. The scary part is the quietly. I break inside and even I don't realize it because it's so quiet. Until I notice it surface in my attitude. That's when I ask God, "What is wrong with me?" When I feel so low, there's no where left for me to go-

          Except up.

         And that's when God reaches into the whirlwind and snags me from the push and pull of the winds. He re-centers my life. He puts me in the eye of the storm. In the calm. In the peace. He says, "If you keep Me at the center, all will be right." And I can breathe.

        When I can breathe, I can write. So that's what I plan to do today.

        Yeah, I didn't mean to write about all that. I was hoping for something more wrtier-ish. But that's what came out.

        So what stifles your writing the most? How do you break out of it?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I hope this is the correct blog to comment on. ;)

    Mumford & Sons is a singing group. Here is the link to the song, Hopeless Wanderer:

    http://youtu.be/y5RTx6Tv7YY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you can over. The lyrics to that song are so beautiful. :)

      Delete

[insert witty saying about comments] And you may insert your comment below. :)