Monday, February 25, 2013

Character Update: Baby steps


          Okay, so I didn't make it very far from last week. Unfortunately. I wish I could tell you I was halfway done with the book. I might even be happy with a quarter of the way. The current scene is in Rocky's POV. He is unconscious. He has a flashback that his fever has warped. So all the events are the same, but the ground shakes beneath him, he feels ill, and his vision is skewed or going to be skewed. It needs a lot of revising. I even started the scene in present tense when the whole book is in past tense. What was I thinking?

         The wind whistled sharp in his ears. Rocky gripped the tip of a spire with one hand to keep the wind from tearing him off the roof. The roof of the Aj. He clutched the elderly shopkeepers' jeweled necklace in the other hand. He felt like defiance itself. As triumphant as ever. His stomach twisted. He had just snatched the Sinisters' pillaged goods right out from under their own glorious roof.  The sun warmed his black hood with its blue rays as the wind soared through him. He had never thought he'd go this far.

         Maybe I'm not very good at picking out excerpts. I hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I liked it. I think you should post a blurb or something too...I'd love to see an overview of your book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I've been thinking about. I just have to, uh, write it. But I will, hopefully soon. :) Glad you liked it!

      Delete

[insert witty saying about comments] And you may insert your comment below. :)